Monday, April 11, 2011

Vegas, Baby!

I'm off to MIX. Though I've presented at a few smaller, regional conferences in the past, this is my first time ever attending a big developer conference. It'll be exciting to attend MIX but there's a much more important reason for the trip. Tendr.me is gathering there (we're bi-costal) to celebrate and hold our first hackathon. Why the celebration? The heavens smiled down upon us last week and final approval went through with our ACH provider. For those not in the know, ACH is what makes Tendr.me possible: it's the means by which Tendr.me can debit and credit bank accounts. Without it, Tendr.me would have been DOA.

In the tradition of successful hackathons before us we'll be hacking all week and subsisting on a strict diet of high octane, highly bad-for-you sundries. Actually, I'm lying. I hate junk food. Not to mention my stomach is extremely sensitive and that stuff causes me much gastro discomfort. However, I will make sure my web developer adheres to the hackathon diet. My stomach will live vicariously through his. Also on the agenda is playing a continual loop of movies in the background. This is our list so far:
  • Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Hackers
  • The Hangover
  • Office Space (thanks Bill)
  • Pirates of Silicon Valley
  • Sneakers
  • The Social Network
Any essential flicks we're missing?

Please get in touch with @xanadont if you'd like to meet up. See you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog so inspiring for me. Thanks for sharing knowledge.