Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog Commitment

I've been quiet here for a while, folks. This is me making a new commitment to my blog. You'll find regular posts about zigGIS, Tendr.me, and Current. A quick word about Current - you haven't heard about this one yet but it's a startup I'm involved in that hopes to apply a software engineering discipline to revolutionize (excuse the hyperbole) the mom & pop / boutique construction industry. We're hoping to bring an elegant and user-centric experience to the inudstry's process of estimating and managing projects.

I've been doing 100% of the engineering work for the past 8 months. The CEO is a good friend of mine who is doing an excellent job of dreaming big and exposing our ideas to the industry. A quick & dirty demo may be seen here. Note that you won't be able to see the realtime estimate report unless you right-click > Install onto this computer (do the reverse to painlessly uninstall). In the future I'll get into the technology and write up a tutorial or two on the various things I've been learning while developing with Silverlight.

Quick updates about my other endeavors:
1. zigGIS is NOT dead, I promise. I'm currently in talks with a company (to remain unnamed until things are finalized) about a partnership that should greatly increase zigGIS's reach and resources.
2. Tendr.me is in the final stages of securing our payment provider. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks for your time. I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Luc Vaillancourt said...

Hi,

Any news on zigGIS and its future, and version 3.0 ... and support for v.10 of software family you improve and make more Open?

The generic and open GIS community needs solutions like this.

Thanks.